Collecting personal information
We may collect, securely store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when ordering and/or registering with our website (including your email address)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications (for order/despatch confirmations, enquiries) and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods (including your name, delivery address, payment address, telephone numbers, email address and card details)
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, and reviews)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us
Personal information given to us through our website will be used only for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business
- personalise our website for you
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you goods purchased through our website
- improve our products and services
- send invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you
- send you email notifications relating specifically to your order(s)
- send you our very occasional email newsletter, only if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud
If you submit personal information for publication on our website such as a review of one of our fabulous products, we will publish and otherwise use that information as permitted by you. We will never supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are secure are handled through our payment services provider, PayPal. Payments made over the telephone or via Bank Transfer will be handled confidentially and securely and none of your payment details are stored. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website or offline, refunding any payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to these payments and refunds.
Disclosing personal information
We take your privacy seriously and we may only disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law,
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings,
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk),
- except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or in person. Whilst we are fully PCI and GDPR security and protection compliant according to current regulations, you should acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You have the right to request the removal of all your personal information at any time – it’s yours not ours. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our business details
ESB Leather, the business including this website is owned and operated by Emma S. Baker-Jones.
Our contact details are:-
Postal address: 2 Old Letton Court Cottages, Letton, Hereford HR3 6DT, England, UK
Telephone: (+44) (0)1981 500540 or 07811 445944
You can contact Emma by any of the above methods or by using the website Contact Emma page.
We may change or update this policy from time to time. Please check this information on our website occasionally, to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.